The information contained herein is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Contact through this website does not create an attorney-
In cases accepted on contingency, there are no hourly attorney fees or out-
Our attorneys pursue maximum compensation for clients in exchange for a percentage of the amount recovered.
Se Habla Español
Pregunté por Rhawn ó Abogado McCutchan
Covid 19 Update: We are open and will meet in-
"Voted Best Attorneys in Ventura County by clients and peers
in the Ventura County Business Digest Publication"
Ventura Divorce Lawyers at the Law Office of Attorney Robert Baskin provide skilled legal services to individuals as they navigate one of life’s most difficult events. As a full-
Contact us online or call a Divorce Attorney in Ventura with the Law Office of Robert Baskin at (805) 658-
Our Divorce Lawyers in Ventura recognize that divorce usually takes an emotional toll on all those involved. We strive to reduce that level of stress by working diligently and maintaining a close Divorce Attorney-
The Ventura Divorce Attorneys with the Law Office of Robert M. Baskin provide skilled legal representation in a variety of Divorce and Family Law matters, including the following:
• Complex Divorce – When a divorce involves complicated issues such as separate property assets being commingled, hidden assets that need investigating, or an international kidnapping by a parent, our experienced Divorce Lawyer in Ventura will diligently work to achieve successful resolutions.
• Contested Divorces – Our Divorce Attorneys are committed to obtaining effective outcomes in cases where the parties have been unable to resolve their disagreements through either settlement negotiations or divorce mediation.
• Division of Marital Assets and Debts – The Ventura Divorce Law Firm of Robert M. Baskin assists clients with the equitable and fair division of marital debts and community property.
• Divorce Litigation – When a settlement cannot be reached, our Divorce Attorney in Ventura won’t hesitate to take your case to trial so the disagreements of both parties will be decided in a Family Law court.
• Divorce Mediation – The Law Firm of Ventura Divorce Lawyer Robert Baskin helps clients peacefully resolve their marriage by settling all divorce related issues with a divorce mediator and a skilled negotiator.
• Divorce Settlement Negotiation – In order to avoid a highly emotional and financially taxing divorce, our experienced Divorce Attorneys will negotiate a settlement agreement with the opposing party’s legal counsel.
• Draft Marital Settlement Agreement – Our knowledgeable Divorce Lawyers in Ventura are prepared to review and draft your Marital Settlement Agreement to include financial arrangements, spousal support, child visitation, and property settlement.
• High Asset Divorce – If your complex divorce involves high assets, our experienced Ventura Divorce Attorneys determine asset locations through an exhaustive discovery process to accurately ascertain the scope of the marital estate.
• Initiating Divorce Proceedings – Our skilled Divorce Lawyers handle the filing of all divorce-
• Uncontested Divorce – When both parties settle their marital discord in a harmonious way, our knowledgeable Divorce Attorney in Ventura provides professional legal assistance to help clients avoid potentially detrimental situations in the future.
The skilled Ventura Divorce Attorneys at the Law Office of Robert Baskin strive to settle divorce cases through mediation and comprehensive settlement negotiations. In cases where the divorcing parties cannot reach a satisfactory compromise, our Divorce Lawyers in Ventura are experienced litigators and will bring your case before a Family Court judge.
We take pride in providing compassionate, yet aggressive representation to individuals involved in divorce proceedings. When your legal issues involve divorce-
If you are looking for a Divorce Attorney to assist with your uncontested divorce, or if you need a Divorce Lawyer in Ventura for experienced legal representation in your multi-
Please contact us online or call an experienced Divorce Lawyer at (805) 658-
We are conveniently situated in Ventura. As a leading Family Law and Divorce Law Firm, the Law Offices of Robert M. Baskin has been assisting clients for almost four decades to achieve favorable outcomes in divorce matters.
No. In California, divorcing spouses do not need to identify a reason for the divorce. California has a no-
The divorce process begins when one spouse files the appropriate paperwork with the court. A divorce can occur even when only one spouse agrees to it. The filing and serving of paperwork needs to be completed in a manner prescribed by the court. The other party has a short amount of time to file a response in court. If this process is not completed accurately, it must be started over from the beginning. If the process is completed accurately, both parties enter negotiation to reach an agreement for the division of property, child custody, child support, and spousal support. Because there are many decisions to be made that have a lasting impact on the entire family, it may be in your best interest to consult an experienced divorce attorney for guidance.
In California, the length of time that spousal support, also sometimes known as alimony, will last can depend on several factors, including how long the couple was married and the earning capacity of each spouse. If the marriage lasted for under 10 years, the court may order support for a time equal to one-
Divorce mediation can be a good idea in California in situations where the parties are able to communicate effectively and are willing to work together to reach a mutually acceptable settlement of their divorce-
If you are considering divorce, there are several things you can do to prepare which can help you feel less stressed and more in control of the situation. First, gather important documents such as financial statements, tax returns, insurance policies, and property deeds. You will need these documents to help determine the division of assets and debts in the divorce. Then. create a budget for yourself to get a sense of your financial situation. This will help you understand what you can afford after the divorce. In addition, you will also need to know your rights. Educate yourself about California’s divorce process and your rights under the law because you will need to make informed decisions and protect your interests. Speak with an experienced family law attorney to understand your options and obtain guidance on how to proceed with the divorce.
During a divorce, it is important to avoid certain actions that can complicate the process or harm your legal position. Your attorney can provide guidance to help you secure your personal property and finances while remaining within the boundary of the law. Actions to avoid during a divorce can include hiding assets to shield them from division in the divorce. This can result in serious consequences. Another action to avoid is incurring debt or taking on new debts without discussing them with your spouse or consulting with an attorney. When children are involved, it is best to avoid speaking negatively about the other spouse. It is also important to follow the court’s orders. Failing to follow court orders may increase conflict and prolong the divorce process.
|Family Law Info Sheet|
|Divorce Information Sheet|
|Child Custody, Support, and Visitation Information Sheet|
|Estate Planning Info Sheet|
|Personal Injury Info Sheet|
|Business Law Info Sheet|
|Real Estate Litigation Info Sheet|
|Real Estate Transaction Info Sheet|
|Car Accident Information Sheet|